Please support the Center for Young Adult Addiction and Recovery. You can impact and change the lives of students in long term recovery by contributing to scholarships and student programming.
Welcome to the Center for Young Adult Addiction and Recovery!
Our office remains committed to supporting student health, well-being, and recovery. To that end we are still operating and available working off campus. You can always reach us at (470) 578-2538.
Based on recommendations to limit personal contact, our office is implementing the following temporary changes as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
- Our office will work in a remote capacity for the Summer semester
- Collegiate recovery student seminars will continue as scheduled, via online platform, Microsoft Teams.
- Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention and Education Programs will be provided in an online platform.
- If you need to speak with CYAAR staff, please email them directly. They will promptly reply. You can find staff email addresses on our Staff Contact page.
- Recovery support meetings will continue via an online platform, Zoom. If you need further information on this, please email email@example.com.
IF YOU HAVE A SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT
Staff or counselors will be reaching out to you via email to provide directions on how your appointment will be conducted. We will no longer provide in-person appointments and will meet with clients via video conferencing. Your counselor will be reaching out 1-2 days prior to your scheduled appointment day with instructions.
IF YOU ARE ALREADY WORKING WITH A COUNSELOR and you would like them to reach out to you, please contact them via email. Staff will be monitoring their email accounts during normal business hours, Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm. You can find your counselors email address on our Staff Contact page.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SCHEDULE A NEW APPOINTMENT OR HAVE A QUESTION, PLEASE EMAIL US AT RECOVERY@KENNESAW.EDU OR CALL 470-578-2538.
RECOVERY PROGRAMMING AND SERVICES
Find current healthy happenings and virtual programs on the Virtual Programs and Services page.CLICK HERE FOR VIRTUAL PROGRAMS AND SERVICES